Here comes spring! And to celebrate it's arrival, why not join me in my well-equipped studio for a fun, relaxing and inspiring day, creating a stunning mosaic wreath, inspired by the beautiful springtime flowers, that will add a pop of colour on display in your home.
You will have access to my wide collection of gorgeous vitreous glass tiles, ceramic beads, broken vintage plates and I will guide you through the tips and techniques to create a beautiful mosaic that you can be proud of.
Within a friendly, supportive and fun environment, you will:
- Plan a design
- Cut and shape your tesserae (tiles)
- Produce a mosaic using the ‘direct method’ (approximately 40 x 40cm) ready to grout
- Learn about the correct adhesives and grouts to use
No experience necessary, although I would recommend attending a beginner's workshop beforehand. (A Family Fun/Fun Together session)
We won’t have time to grout during the workshop, but a full demonstration will be given and you can choose from a selection of different coloured grouts to finish off your mosaic at home.
On: Sunday 21st April 2024
From: 10 to 4pm
At: The Inspiring Creativity Studio, Lydney Park Estate. Lydney. Gloucestershire, GL15 6BU
£90 per person.
- All materials and tools, including aprons & safety goggles.
- An information pack, comprising details on how to grout your piece.
- Plenty of tea, coffee, biscuits. (Please bring a packed lunch.)
- Ample free parking
I am more than happy to run this workshop on an alternative date to suit you, if your group has a minimum of 4 people. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss dates.