Immerse yourself in a day of festive fun and creativity, by producing your very own stunning version of the mosaic Christmas wreath that I created on Kirstie Allsop’s Handmade Christmas television programme in December 2018! The everlasting and eye-catching design is suitable for outdoors, so can be hung on your front door and can be used year after year, but it also makes a stunning centrepiece for your Christmas dinner table.
You will have access to the same gorgeous vitreous glass tiles, ceramic beads, broken vintage plates and glass pebbles that I used to create my competition entry and I will guide you through the tips and techniques to create a beautiful Christmas mosaic that you can be proud of.
Within a friendly, supportive and fun environment, you will:
- Use a template to create the design
- Cut and shape your tesserae (tiles)
- Produce a mosaic (approximately 30cm in diameter) ready to grout
- Learn about the correct adhesives and grouts to use
Never tried mosaic before? Then don’t worry! This workshop is suitable for beginners and I help and support you through every step.
We won’t have time to grout during the workshop, but a full demonstration will be given, and you will have enough grout to finish off your mosaic at home.
On: 24th November 2019
From: 10am to 4.30pm
At: The Inspiring Creativity Studio, Hanley Farm Business Centre. Tidenham. Nr Chepstow. NP16 7NA.
£110 per person.
- All materials and tools, including aprons & safety goggles.
- An information pack, comprising details on how to grout your piece.
- Plenty of tea, coffee and a Christmas afternoon tea for 1.
- Ample free parking
Spaces are limited, so please book early to avoid disappointment. Email email@example.com to request a booking form.
I am more than happy to run this workshop on an alternative date to suit you, if your group has a minimum of 6 people.