Here comes spring! And to celebrate it's arrival, why not join me in my well-equipped studio for a fun, relaxing and inspiring day, creating a stunning mosaic wreath, inspired by the beautiful springtime flowers and will add a pop of colour on display in your home or on your front door.
You will have access to my wide collection of gorgeous vitreous glass tiles, ceramic beads, broken vintage plates and I will guide you through the tips and techniques to create a beautiful mosaic that you can be proud of.
Within a friendly, supportive and fun environment, you will:
- Plan a design
- Cut and shape your tesserae (tiles)
- Produce a mosaic using the ‘direct method’ (approximately 40 x 40cm) ready to grout
- Learn about the correct adhesives and grouts to use
Never tried mosaic before? Then don’t worry! This workshop is suitable for beginners and I have plenty of tried and tested examples to help inspire you.
We won’t have time to grout during the workshop, but a full demonstration will be given and you can choose from a selection of different coloured grouts to finish off your mosaic at home.
On: Sunday 14th April 2019
From: 10 to 4pm
At: The Inspiring Creativity Studio, Hanley Farm Business Centre. Tidenham. Nr Chepstow. NP16 7NA.
£110 per person.
- All materials and tools, including aprons & safety goggles.
- An information pack, comprising details on how to grout your piece.
- Plenty of tea, coffee, biscuits and a light lunch.
- Ample free parking
Spaces are limited to 10, so please book early to avoid disappointment. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a booking form.
I am more than happy to run this workshop on an alternative date to suit you, if your group has a minimum of 6 people.